Monday 29 March 2010

Monday Blues (and Reds and Blacks)

I should have known today would be bad.

I woke up about 6am, of my own accord, sighed, snuggled back down onto the pillow and closed my eyes again as I realised it was Sunday and I could lie in.
AND THEN WOKE UP ALMOST IMMEDIATELY AFTERWARDS IN A START. It's bloody Monday.

Gutted.

Now, I do love it when the clocks go forwards; you get to leave work in the light, even get home in the light, stuff smells better, people are nicer to each other, you crave lager and lime (well, I do). But, by 'eck, it's bloody dark at 6.15am! It just seems morally wrong to be plunged back into darkness in the mornings, forced to put the bathroom light on to have a shower (and is it just me, or does your bathroom feel colder and less welcoming in the dark?).

Work was rubbish. Had a barnstorming offer turned down and promptly sat there fuming all afternoon, barely managing to console myself, even with a Milkybar and bag of Skittles in my armoury.

Decided not to play the Monte Carlo 22 Euro qualifier tonight, mainly as I didn't think I could bear to stay at my desk until potentially 10pm, so came home (in the aforementioned light) and, after a comfort ham and cheese toastie (ok, two), had such a shocking time in 2 SNGs on PKR, I decided to take drastic action and play cash (cue dramatic music) on PokerStars.

I confidently swaggered (or rather skidded in my slippers) over to my wallet to fish my Maestro card out, and promptly plopped 100 quid into my account (which, incidentally, is even easier than buying songs on itunes - it's like the website is ciphoning off money from your card like a dodgy bloke with a perfect fitting and well lubricated hosepipe draining your car's petrol tank). The plan; to build up (at least) enough profit to buy into the 22 Euro quali later in the week.

Having not played cash online for over a year, I decided to go a bit cautious. And when I say cautious, I mean special needs; 25c/50c.

...Good Lord, people, you have but 3 options; they're there in big red button-form at the bottom right! How can this take so long to get round 6 players?
After 40 mins of not very much at all, and 3 x BB raises being generally enough to nick a pot pre-flop (or a pot sized C-bet, post flop), I managed to get myself into a tenacious but rather unnecessary and petulant tangle, calling my stack into a (relatively) monstrous pot, which was, thankfully, chopped as we had both hit our house on the river - the Q saved me as my 2pair was outkicked until then. By goodness, the heart was pumping hard; who needs the gym?!

After an hour I was in profit to the grand figure of $1.45. Or 96p. Or 1.07 Euro.
Am not entirely sure what I expected, but is cetainly time to make my excuses and find my cash niche elsewhere, I think.

At least the cricket season started today. Every cloud...

No comments:

Post a Comment