Sunday 28 March 2010

Why am I here?

I have been playing poker for just over 2 years. Having tried to watch it on late night tele in bed in my mid-20's but never quite 'getting it', I became hooked one Christmas, watching Joe Beevers in the Poker Million on Sky. On Boxing Day, I bought a plastc 'Simpsons' chip set in the sales, signed myself to PKR, cos it looked cool on TV - and then, when I started dating my current boyfriend (himself a more than decent cash and tournament player), did I totally disappear down the rabbit hole. I borrowed (permanently) his copy of Super System, read it cover to cover in a week and before I knew it was playing cash in the Empire and the Vic in London after work. I play more online (for ease more than preference), played at the EPT in London in October 2009, spent a week in Vegas this Spring, and would dearly love to play at EPT Finals in Monte Carlo in April 2010 - my current online qualifying project on PokerStars.

I thought this would be a therapeutic way for me to log, remember and learn from my poker experiences; if it amuses/inspires others along the way, more the better.

Hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment