Monday 17 May 2010

Nice training run

A tidy little 2nd in my SNG tonight. Enjoyed it and served as a nice livener for tomorrow night, when my colleague Sarah and I are due to go glam out the Chiswick Poker Den, I mean Club, after some dinner and wine in the Blueberry restaurant on the High Road.
Was miles behind going into heads up, but managed my usual swing back to the positive, only to get outdrawn twice in the space of not very many hands to leave me very short again. I was very lucky when my pocket 4s trip-ed on the river and made it quasi-competitive for a bit but I finally died when, short-stacked, my top pair (8) got runner, runnered for his straight.
I could get hissy and pissy but I won't; he was a nice chap, a decent player and I'd much rather get some proper cash out of tomorrow's 10 quid re-buy; will be a new experience for me, live re-buy poker, but think I have it down in my head what I need to do; with any luck, I can execute.
If not, there's (hopefully) always some house white to be sampled and we can always join the snooker club for 3 quid...

No comments:

Post a Comment