Thursday 13 May 2010

....One foot on the 1st step (still)

I can't be too disappointed. Just played my stage 2 WSOP PKR package qualifier, cashing in my ticket from the other night.
I made one really dumb call pre-flop when I was also sending a txt message and didn't pay attention as to who I was up against - the 2 short stacks, in the blinds, who both shoved and my 6-7 suited didn't look so pretty anymore after that action.
Successive pairs (6s and the usually enigmatic Js) when I had a decent stack (and, I'd like to add, played rather well and aggressively against the baby stacks who shoved and didnt have enough/any of the board...) knocked 2 players out, which got the rest of us to the money. - You'd have thought my fellow survivors would have shown a bit more respect.
...No, I wouldnt have either....
I ended up getting my (equivalent buy-in) money back, so I will so blatantly be doing stage 2 again at my earliest convenience (nice 8pm BST start time, all very work- and beauty sleep- friendly).
2 players got tickets to stage 3, but it clearly wasn't my turn to go through those gates tonight; was horribly and hideously card dead for 45 mins, when I could have done with any kind of pair, big ace - anything to get something resembling busy with!; One sizeable hand where my K-10 didn't hit against A-9 with a Q 5 5 5 2 board (which, incidentally, I played very averagely) didn't help. Not getting paid by anyone with AA (twice, in the space of 8 hands, mid-way through) was even less useful.
These qualis can be a lottery, I know, but getting your money back is, I guess, the next best thing to 'glory'. Am sure stage 3, if/when I get there will be proper squeaky-bum territory, but tonight says to me I can definitely get there, which is good enough for me - for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment