Monday 19 April 2010

Back into the swing

Having decided to can the fleeting idea of buying directly into the last chance Sunday 215 Euro satellite for EPT Monte Carlo, in favour of staying out in the London sunshine with Leigh and cocktails and northern ale yesterday (with absolutely no regrets), I thought I'd have a roll of the old PKR dice tonight.
Did a multi-table sit n go which took longer than it probably should have but I was 1st-2nd all the way through and (in my humble opinion) played rather well, thank you very much.
Yes, I got decent cards and, helpfully, average players shoving into my straight with a paired 8, but I also won several pots with no more than 6 high with some clever and strategic bets into impressionable men. Then got hideously card dead and outdrawn repeatedly at the most inconvenient time. When, heads up, my ace on the river completed the eventual winner's flush (which he - and in turn, I - checked) I figured the Poker Gods had made their choice and I succumbed 2-3 hands later.
Still, a tidy profit and reminder, if I needed it, that I've still got it.
I can feel some more live action coming on. Possibly Friday. Hmm, need to make a plan...

No comments:

Post a Comment