Monday 26 April 2010

In the Money

I haven't won a sit n go for what feels like ages. Thankfully that changed tonight on PKR. Goodness knows how, though.
Apparently, according to the chap in the cap from Watford at the final table (who, incidentally, went out 5th for no money), I was like a bad itch that wouldn't go away. He had a point, in fairness, I had virtually no stack, even less decent cards. To get me back into something resembling contention, it took a friendly pocket pair of 8s (oh, how I love 8s) and an over exuberant shove over the top of my raise with K6 from the guy to my left (aggressive little sod, he was going to do it sooner or later). My pair held up and, while still behind one guy and absolutely miles behind the chipleader (4 to 1 or so), I combined battling back with sitting back, while the boys got silly.
Somehow, considering I had nearly gone out in the first 20 mins, I had ended up heads up. With such limited expectation, having exceeded any I had had in the previous hour just by getting this far, I managed to get my man to fold to lots of flops, even when he'd raised pre-.
All those hours sat, knelt, laid, shuffling on the living room floor playing 20p-40p blinds with Leigh came into their own; One huge pot, as is often the case, changed the complexion when my 10 came on the river and he didn't believe. Then, when my Jack hit on the turn a few hands later and he shoved with A high, I couldn't call quickly enough. I think the word is 'tidy'. Me and poker are, happily, the best of friends again.
Hmmmmmm, bed time......

No comments:

Post a Comment