Friday 23 April 2010

The Good Girls Don't Win

So, the Golden Nugget was the venue of choice tonight. Considering I had 2 hands (both 9's) for the first hour, which both faced hideous flops, I felt good going to the last 3 tables of the tourny. Had hit a straight and bluffed another big pot for a few chips but still no real monsters. Needing to make a move before too long, I got dealt QJ suited under the gun 2nd hand after the most recent break and shoved. Folded round the the BB, the only other female left; fake blonde, cap, (fake) Coco Chanel shades... She had a bit more than me (she had had them in twice before in the previous levels, behind - and had sucked out).
I knew she was calling when she said, sorry, whined, "I kinda like my hand... I know you're ahead, but..."
She flips Q-10 off. Ten on the flop. Should have known when the dealer announced "4-8 more, Lise". Stupid Essex Solidarity.
I might cry. Didn't do anything wrong all night and yet am still somehow embarassed.
Bugger...

No comments:

Post a Comment