Friday 9 April 2010

Rubbing shoulders

OMG.

Met Jennifer Tilly last night.

Had the Lyceum Spring Social (Gaming Industry piss up) last night in a very small room in No. 5 Cavendish Square. Phil Laak and John Tabatabai were there too. Tabatabai struck me as a really friendly and sociable chap, he was there pretty late, but don't think I saw him dancing like a loon like the rest of us. He really is as tiny as he looks on tele. My colleague insinuated he was a bum as he played poker for a living. He agreed.
Am sure Phil Laak smiled at me (twice); he did at the last one too - maybe he thinks he knows me? Maybe he just has a thing for well-stacked ladies. Either way, he is very cool.

Jennifer was delightful. Well-dressed, immaculate make up, lovely long dark hair with blonde highlights. She's really tall. Even in my heels, her chest was still nearly at my shoulder height as she very graciously posed for a photo; well 2 photos, I think I blinked or pulled a dopey face in the first one, so we had to go again.
Thankfully I (think I) made sense and didn't gush too much, in spite of having fuzzy earlobes I was that excited. She's just got Vicky Coren's book. See, we could be sisters!.... She gave me a minute or so of very polite conversation, she wished me luck with my poker and told me she hoped to bump into me in a tournament someday. Part/most of me does too. The rest of me thinks she'd kick my arse.

1 comment:

  1. OOO Get you... Very Posh.. I actually read Jens Twitter page earlier and she was saying how nice you were... Like you say you could almost be sisters! PCRoyston!

    ReplyDelete