Monday 5 April 2010

Out of focus

Didn't qualify for the Sunday Monte Carlo Final tonight. In fact, finished in the middle of the field after less than 90 mins, flattered to deceive a lot, lost about as many hands as I won, just that the 'minus' total was quite a bit bigger than the 'plus' one.
If I am honest with myself, I only played as there was nothing good on the tele (not until the 9pm Masterchef final) - and because I hadn't seen a card of any colour or denomination all weekend and was starting to crave a game; is this what it's like to be a smoker?
Wasn't in anything like the right and proper frame of mind to play a ('serious') tournament, and once I started going backwards, I couldn't (be bothered to) find the handbrake.
I knew the girl had also hit her A, and that she had a K kicker; quite why I shove-reraised with AQ, I am not sure, it was just the most humane thing to do at the time; just to get it over with. Am not even disappointed. This isn't me.
Going to close the lap top now, go find my mojo, and come back later in the week a bit more intelligently.

No comments:

Post a Comment