Wednesday 14 July 2010

Me and Poker are 'on a break'

Ok, really bored, now I am at my aggressive best, of numpties making ridiculous calls and sucking me out on the river. I know it happens. I know I have BEEN that ridiculous numpty on occasion in the past, but this is beyond a joke now, it's happening EVERY time.
Good job this is not the WSOP main event and is just 24-seat SNGs in my nightie. But I am now starting to realise why Phil Helmuth is such a foul-mouthed little so n' so. If I'm not careful, I am going to become one of those sad cases that goes around telling everyone online poker is fixed. After the last few days, I am starting to half believe it. (Excuse me a moment while I go and wash my mouth out with soap and water).

I have resolved that I am going to take a break for a bit. I would like to stress that while poker and I are currently separated, we continue to work on our differences, in the best interests of my bank account. There no other card games involved and we would appreciate it if the media would respect our privacy at this difficult time.

I think possibly I will focus more on offline poker in the next couple of weeks - or play bigger stakes on PokerStars for a bit; technically that's the site where I've had the most monetary success per tournament (albeit mostly playing against other women). If only there wasn't so many tournaments to choose from, it's a bloody minefield that lobby - to the untrained eye, at least. Anyway, EPT qualifiers will hopefully start in the next month or so, so I will have an objective and some focus again.

No comments:

Post a Comment