Monday 12 July 2010

Stuck in a rut

Had a very uppidy-downy few days of casual online sit n go's; been playing (I think) some really decent, intuitive and aggressive and brave stuff, but can't seem to buy a break to get into the money. I know it goes like this sometimes but am just not sure what to do to get out of it and get my mojo back. The only thing inspiring me at the moment is Poker Heroine number 2 Jennifer Tilly and her win at the Bellagio Cup in Las Vegas. Go on girl.
I am thinking possibly of some serious (hopefully) 2-day live action at LPC over the weekend; huge starting stack, teeny tiny blinds eeking up very slowly and a chance to play some proper poker. Never played in anything like that before, so would be an experience, for sure - will have to have a read up in advance though of strategies for such tournaments (other than banning red wine and having plenty of coffee and Starfruit-OpalBursts)
Ultimately, though, will depend what the weather's like and whether my sister and her husband, aka new Mummy and Daddy and their simply gorgeous daughter Penny want company. Otherwise the shades and strappy top will be on and I will be off to Buckinghamshire to coo like a trooper.

No comments:

Post a Comment