Thursday 1 July 2010

Swiss Rolled

Just had a very jolly time in a little SNG on PKR. Felt good, alright cards, a couple of very handy kickers and some over the top over-the-tops from the also-ran men, and, all of a sudden, there were 6 and we had a final table of a nice Swiss guy from near Lausanne, a gobby Scouser, a bloke from Bracknell who had come from my table and 1 other, who obviously had somewhere better to be or simply no chips from the preceeding hour or so of the tournament - can't remember which.
Got into a big old pot with the Swiss chap who had tripped his 8 by the flop, when I was merrily getting worried that the Ace (which also completed a flush draw) on the river was the one that had ****ed my 2 pair - but called the value bet anyway....
The guy from Bracknell bled quietly to death while I reminisced (in French) in the chatbox with the Swiss about the delights of Geneva, Lausanne and quizzed him on Swiss gaming legislation. Jeezus, I need to get out more.
My french charm didnt do me any good though; Heads up didn't last long - he was 5:1 up on me by then, so when my ace high with a paired board ran into his trip 9s about 7 hands in, it was time for a bath. Nice to remind myself I can still do it (kinda), though.
My sister's baby is still having a whale (no pun intended) of a time inside her, so poker this weekend could still be (happily) interrupted - but, if not, I am hoping for a better run than last week. ANY run, actually, would be an improvement.
Time, as ever, will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment