Thursday 19 August 2010

Nobody Home (except me, it seems)

Am most frustrated.

Got home in good time. Got the washing on. Got the toasties under the grill. Got the toasties into my stomach. Got the wine open. Got a couple of glasses into my bloodstream.

Got registered for my first (and hopefully last) attempt at the £16 freezeout satellite for EPT London Ladies, the winner of which was guaranteed a seat in the weekly final £109 satellite for the live event in October.

Got the washing out of the machine. Got hair up in a ponytail. Even got pink Las Vegas cap from my mirror. Got game face on.

And then, a notice to all players; this tournament has been cancelled owing to insufficient player numbers.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I was feeling really good. Gutted.

So, in the absence of a ladies game, I resolved to play a turbo SNG with the boys and cashed 4th, then made a surprising but pleasing 100% return from a low-ish stakes cash game - rather chuffed, I was, and at least some frustration diluted.

So I will be making my 2010 EPT satellite debut next week instead, then, when I return from a weekend in the Essex countryside, some golf and probably a not insignificant amount of wine, food and poker on the living room floor with the boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment