Monday 2 August 2010

Rock. Me. Hard Place

It could be the biggest opportunity of my life. I could, however, be taking 10 crisp 10 pound notes (+ one other) and flushing them down the proverbial toilet/pi$$ing them up the proverbial wall.

The Betfred Ladies Poker Tour comes to Maidenhead this weekend (I can't make the London leg sadly, as, because of a most unusual blip in my forward planning, I have double booked myself with the England-New Zealand autumn rugby International). Looking at the legs that have happened so far, there's been on average 60-80 entrants, with the nice people at Betfred topping up the prize pool by another 1500 quid each time, so some of the winners have not only got themselves a seat to the grand final (the winner of which getting a 20k sponsorship deal with Fred) but also up to a tidy 3k too. And they pay the first 10 places, regardless of entry numbers.
I am now stuck. I am playing like a total arse and am really down on the game at the moment. However, if I don't go and try, I will no doubt forever be wondering 'what if'.

For a girl who stands by the 'only regret stuff you haven't done' mantra, I think I know which way I am going to go. I just need my poker fairy Godmother right now to tell me I'm doing the right thing.

1 comment:

  1. Hola Leeshy. Are you going to be checking this new club out?

    http://www.foxpokerclub.com/

    They have there opening night there this Friday 6th Aug and PKR invited me.
    I will let you know what it was like.

    ReplyDelete